Sunday, January 17, 2010

Back to Resting Again

Last Sunday, I woke up at 5AM and it was cool and drizzling ever so slightly. Great weather for running I thought, so I packed up my gear and rushed to UP. I did 4 rounds around UP and as I did, I could feel a very slight pain on the side of my knee build up. After 4 rounds, I decided to stop for my knee's sake. The pain wasn't really bad, but with Condura coming up, I didn't want to risk it.

When I got home, I made myself a big glass of milk and took a shower right after. By the time I was to crash back into bed to rest, I felt it again - the sinister beginnings of an allergic reaction, similar to what I felt last Friday. This is getting bad. My immune system must really be down.

If you guys read my facebook account, I put down on my post "needs to cut down on running for awhile." I just want to get back to fighting form. Last year, I felt invincible all the way up to December. If resting is the fastest way to get back to running, so be it.

2 comments:

Gingerbreadman said...

Good luck with you injury, just RICE it :) Sometimes, while in recovery it's good to strategize your training plan when you get better, I did that a lot before :)

genester said...

Thanks Gingerbreadman! My knee appears to be ITBS. Any tips on how to recover from it? Will also ask my PT friends about it.