Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My New Fitness Gadgets

I recently bought myself 2 new fitness gadgets to help me get on my way to recovering from my knee injury.

On the way to the Hot Air Balloon Festival at Clark last Feb. 14, I found a Nike Fitness Band being sold in Robinsons Starmills for P400. To be honest, the workout from the the fitness band is quite good. It's low impact, handy and easy to use. This I combine with body weight exercises such as push ups and squats.

Then, just last week, I bought a foam roller for around P1,200 from Second Wind. It was pricey but I thought it would really help with my knee. So I started massaging my legs with it and so far, my leg muscles feel relaxed after using it.

Anyway, with these new gadgets, I'm doing a lot more strength training combined with stretching and massage. I really hope this works so I can start running and building up the miles again. I hope that I feel strong enough to try an easy run soon to see if it works. I really hope this works.

No comments: