Sunday, August 8, 2010

Rainy Sunday Morning Run

The plan was a 30-minute Sunday morning run in UP. But when I learned that the UPCAT was scheduled today, I decided to run around our subdivision. When I left the house, the sun was just coming out. I even notice a sunny spot on our driveway where the sun shown through the clouds.

I started out with an eight minute warm up. My first round was difficult. Our subdivision had a stretch that would have you running on an incline for around 5 minutes. I was still not used to hills. Midway through my second round, it started to rain hard. I decided to change my shoes so I ran into my house and changed to my old New Balance shoes. I immediately noticed the difference from my Brooks Ghost. The NB shoes were stiffer and I could feel the stability. My Brooks were Neutral-Cushion shoes.

The rain was great. I thought it made my run much easier. I saw an uncle and an aunt while running and I thought they'd make a big deal out of seeing me running in the rain. But, I knew I was fine. My body was warm and the rain was cooling it. If I had felt cold, it would have been a different story.

By the last incline of the third round I could feel the strain on my legs. I was pushing it a bit. I finished my run in exactly 31 minutes. I was drenched, but I felt great. My wife keeps telling me what a fanatic I am for running in the rain. I wonder if she knows I sometimes look forward to the rain when I run.

No comments: