Monday, December 14, 2009

New Balance Power Race 2009

This was one tough race. I should have known that any race passing through McKinley Hill would be really challenging. One thing I did differently in this race is that I brought a bottle of Gatorade with me. Because of this, I was able to run through the first two water stations. But then, in the end, I ended up struggling through McKinley Hill. I had to take it slow on the hilly portions to keep myself from getting cramps and injuring my knees. Anyway, I finished with a time of 2:14:54.

I went to the race with a friend, but we weren't able to take any pictures because I left my camera. We tried to line up for the free race pictures but the line was so long and we weren't able to stand the heat of the then bright sun. In the end, we decided to leave the place to look for breakfast.

Anyway, all I can really say about this race was that it was one really tough one. I think it was my toughest one so far. But then, I finished it and it felt great!

No comments: