Monday, November 23, 2009

Timex Run

I wasn't very confident about beating my Adidas KOTR time of 2:11 at the Timex Run because I got sick the weekend right before it. During the race, I actually had to stop and walk a few times on the inclined areas to conserve my strength. I was actually surprised to find out that I finished the race with a time of 2:09:38 despite the challenging route and my numerous walk breaks. Maybe I was running faster than I was used to.


In my opinion, the race in general was one of the best this year. Here are some reasons why I think so:

1. The water stations, which were placed in the middle of the road, had abundant water cups and enough 100 Plus cups.
2. The race packets were distributed early with the bib and timing chip placed in a sealed plastic bag.
3. There were many kilometers markers to help us pace ourselves.
4. Finishers were given free towels, 100 Plus and Summit Water drinks, Coffee, Nesvita and loot bags containing Nature Valley Granola Bars, more drinks, a finisher's shirt and a ball pen.
5. Results were released the day after the race.
6. The Runpix Race Analysis and Photovendo Pictures were added bonuses to an already great race.
7. There was overall festive atmosphere at the race venue.
8. My wife seemed to have a great time at the race.

I only wish the finisher's medal had the name and date of the race on it to make it a distinct souvenir for the race.

All in all, it was still one of the best this year. I hope the coming races can match up to this one. Congratulations to the organizers!



No comments: