Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Through the Streets of Quezon City


After all the preparation and controversy (Don't ask!), the Quezon City International Marathon has passed, and although I can't explain the great experience of running through the streets of Quezon City, I can at least try.

I wasn't really expecting to do well in this race. I just wanted to force myself to do the distance since I was originally preparing for the 21k of the Adidas KOTR. I was quite happy to cross the finish line at 2 hours 15 minutes with just some soreness in my legs. Below are my unofficial results from the Runnex website.

Perhaps the best image I will take from this race was the view of Commonwealth as we turned the corner from University Avenue in the U.P. Campus at around 5:25 A.M. All of a sudden the road widens to around 8 to 10 lanes and it's free from traffic.

Overall, the race was well organized and there were many friendly and familiar faces. I hope they do this again next year. To the race organizers, please come up with traffic advisories. It was hard to talk about the race to people who were too angry about the traffic it caused.

No comments: