Tuesday, November 4, 2008

VSO Bahaginan, November 9, 2008, The Fort


I'm quite excited about this run. This will be race number two and while I think my level of fitness is better than when I ran the Adidas King of the Road Marathon, I don't expect to do much better since the course appears to be a bit more challenging. So at this point, I'm adopting a wait-and-see attitude.

I'm hoping to capitalize on my experience from my first run. I should really pay attention to my breathing and be much more patient with myself. The trouble is really sticking to the pace that works for me when people are running by me. Perhaps I should start at the back so then I won't be so pressured by people whizzing by.

Anyway, here's the 10k route of the race:

I hope to get in at least 2 more runs before this event, but that might depend on the recovery of my left knee.

I felt some pain (very slight) last Sunday after landing from a jump to reach a basketball that got stuck up on the ring. I don't feel any pain now but I'm considering giving it another day of rest, just in case.

I also hope my two officemates can find time to register for the race. R.O.X. at The Fort is not that easy to get to when you work and live in the Northern area of Metro Manila. Anyway, it would be nice to talk about the race highlights after with some people. When I ran alone in the Adidas KOTR last month, I could not help but notice how most people had friends or family to talk to about their race. Anyway, I know at least one more person registered for this race.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like......